12 behind attack on Andhra-Rayalaseema teachers identified
Hyderabad: With the help of video footage
aired on TV channels, Hyderabad police have identified 12
persons behind the attack on teachers from Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions at the Osmania University campus.
"So far 12 out of those behind the incident have been
identified and efforts were underway to trace and arrest them.
All of them are absconding," East Zone DCP M C Laddha said.
Since last night we have conducted raids on the hostels
located in the OU campus and nearby areas for four times to
nab them, he said adding six police teams have been formed to
the accused, who are believed to fled the city.
"We have watched the video footage beamed on local TV
channels (as some of the teachers were chased and beaten up by
the protesting activists) enabling us to identify the
attackers," the police officer added.
Osmania University police have already registered a case
Last week, activists of the Telangana Students JAC
allegedly attacked teachers hailing from Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions while they were evaluating B.Ed
examination papers at the OU. The JAC men had demanded that
all non-Telangana teachers be sent back and not permitted to
evaluate the answer-sheets of Telangana candidates.
About 50 protesters entered the centre raising slogans to
stop evaluation of B.Ed papers by the lecturers.
Meanwhile, as a mark of protest some educational
institutions in Andhra and Rayalaseema regions remained closed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?