12 behind attack on Andhra-Rayalaseema teachers identified
Hyderabad: With the help of video footage
aired on TV channels, Hyderabad police have identified 12
persons behind the attack on teachers from Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions at the Osmania University campus.
"So far 12 out of those behind the incident have been
identified and efforts were underway to trace and arrest them.
All of them are absconding," East Zone DCP M C Laddha said.
Since last night we have conducted raids on the hostels
located in the OU campus and nearby areas for four times to
nab them, he said adding six police teams have been formed to
the accused, who are believed to fled the city.
"We have watched the video footage beamed on local TV
channels (as some of the teachers were chased and beaten up by
the protesting activists) enabling us to identify the
attackers," the police officer added.
Osmania University police have already registered a case
Last week, activists of the Telangana Students JAC
allegedly attacked teachers hailing from Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions while they were evaluating B.Ed
examination papers at the OU. The JAC men had demanded that
all non-Telangana teachers be sent back and not permitted to
evaluate the answer-sheets of Telangana candidates.
About 50 protesters entered the centre raising slogans to
stop evaluation of B.Ed papers by the lecturers.
Meanwhile, as a mark of protest some educational
institutions in Andhra and Rayalaseema regions remained closed
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended