12 behind attack on Andhra-Rayalaseema teachers identified
Hyderabad: With the help of video footage
aired on TV channels, Hyderabad police have identified 12
persons behind the attack on teachers from Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions at the Osmania University campus.
"So far 12 out of those behind the incident have been
identified and efforts were underway to trace and arrest them.
All of them are absconding," East Zone DCP M C Laddha said.
Since last night we have conducted raids on the hostels
located in the OU campus and nearby areas for four times to
nab them, he said adding six police teams have been formed to
the accused, who are believed to fled the city.
"We have watched the video footage beamed on local TV
channels (as some of the teachers were chased and beaten up by
the protesting activists) enabling us to identify the
attackers," the police officer added.
Osmania University police have already registered a case
Last week, activists of the Telangana Students JAC
allegedly attacked teachers hailing from Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions while they were evaluating B.Ed
examination papers at the OU. The JAC men had demanded that
all non-Telangana teachers be sent back and not permitted to
evaluate the answer-sheets of Telangana candidates.
About 50 protesters entered the centre raising slogans to
stop evaluation of B.Ed papers by the lecturers.
Meanwhile, as a mark of protest some educational
institutions in Andhra and Rayalaseema regions remained closed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof