12 killed in road mishap near Tirupati
Tirupati: Twelve persons were killed and two others seriously injured in a head-on collision between a van and a state-run transport corporation bus near here in the wee hours on Sunday.
The mishap occurred when the van, carrying 14 persons from Nellore, collided with the bus coming from the opposite direction at Agarala village, 25 kms from here, police said.
The victims, all occupants of van, hailed from Nellore.
Eleven persons died on the spot while another breathed his last at the government hospital here, they said, adding the injured have been admitted in the same hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series