14-day judicial custody for Mecca Masjid blast suspects
Hyderabad: A court here today remanded two
suspects in the Mecca Masjid blast to 14 days of judicial
custody after the CBI brought them to the city from Ajmer for
investigation into the case.
Devender Gupta and Lokesh Sharma, allegedly linked with
Hindu outfits, were arrested by Rajasthan Police in connection
with the 2007 Ajmer blasts.
The CBI probing the Mecca Masjid blast, in which nine
persons were killed on May 18, 2007, had registered a case
under various sections of IPC and Unlawful Activities
Prevention Act against unidentified persons.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is also probing the
recovery of an unexploded bomb inside the Masjid premises.
During the investigation, the role of Sandeep Dange,
Ramchandar K -- both natives of Indore -- Devendra Gupta and
Lokesh Sharma emerged, the CBI had told the XIV Additional
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s Court last week.
It also sought the court`s permission to add the names of
Gupta and Sharma in the FIR for conducting further probe.
Out of the four accused, first two are absconding while
Gupta and Sharma were brought here on production warrants amid
heavy security in and around the Nampally court premises.
The CBI through their interrogation want to establish
the conspiracy angle behind the blasts at Mecca Masjid and
also to know the whereabouts of other accused.
The duo will be subjected to a Test Identification Parade
and the CBI is likely to move court tomorrow for seeking their
police remand, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Employees use social media to kill mental fatigue: Survey
- Calicut University degree first allotment results 2016 announced. Check universityofcalicut.info, www.cuonline.ac.in for CU first allotment 2016
- Subsidy information now on Indian Railways train tickets
- Meet the man who bid goodbye to a job that earned him Rs 500 crore annually
- Gurudas Kamat withdraws resignation from Congress, says will continue to serve under Sonia, Rahul