14 students arrested for ragging in AP
Hyderabad: Fourteen diploma students at a polytechnic college in Eluru town of West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested for allegedly ragging their juniors, police said.
Three second-year diploma students at the college approached Town Police station in Eluru and complained that as many as 14 seniors "ragged" them yesterday by asking them to remove their shirts before tying their hands and legs, they said.
Following the complaint, a case was booked against 14 senior students under Anti-Ragging Act and they were today arrested and produced before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state