14 students arrested for ragging in AP
Hyderabad: Fourteen diploma students at a polytechnic college in Eluru town of West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested for allegedly ragging their juniors, police said.
Three second-year diploma students at the college approached Town Police station in Eluru and complained that as many as 14 seniors "ragged" them yesterday by asking them to remove their shirts before tying their hands and legs, they said.
Following the complaint, a case was booked against 14 senior students under Anti-Ragging Act and they were today arrested and produced before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack