14 students arrested for ragging in AP
Hyderabad: Fourteen diploma students at a polytechnic college in Eluru town of West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh were on Thursday arrested for allegedly ragging their juniors, police said.
Three second-year diploma students at the college approached Town Police station in Eluru and complained that as many as 14 seniors "ragged" them yesterday by asking them to remove their shirts before tying their hands and legs, they said.
Following the complaint, a case was booked against 14 senior students under Anti-Ragging Act and they were today arrested and produced before a court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital