1,400 electronic detonators recovered in Andhra
Karimnagar: 1,400 electronic detonators were on Wednesday recovered from a house in Mirzapur village, nearly 50 KM from here, police said.
Based on a tip-off, police conducted a raid at the house of one Afsar Pasha, a labourer and seized the detonators, Husnabad Circle Inspector P Sadan Kumar said.
"However, by the time police reached the spot, Pasha had escaped from the place," he said.
He also said that they are probing if Pasha had any connection with the Naxals.
Police suspect involvement of four more persons in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video