145 Maoist militia members surrender in AP
Hyderabad: Disillusioned with Maoist ideologies, 145 militia members on Wednesday surrendered before police in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The Maoists from thirty villages on the border of Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh surrendered at Bhadrachalam, district Superintendent of Police P Hari Kumar said over phone.
The surrendered militia members, who worked for Maoists, decided to join the mainstream, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources