145 Maoist militia members surrender in AP
Hyderabad: Disillusioned with Maoist ideologies, 145 militia members on Wednesday surrendered before police in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The Maoists from thirty villages on the border of Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh surrendered at Bhadrachalam, district Superintendent of Police P Hari Kumar said over phone.
The surrendered militia members, who worked for Maoists, decided to join the mainstream, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi