15-ft-long King Cobra snake caught in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry (AP): A rare 15-feet-long King Cobra snake was caught by forest officials near a house in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district today.
A person living in the district`s agency area of Rampachodavaram heard some sounds beside his house last night.
When he went to check, he found a King Cobra resting there, forest officials said.
The man and his neighbours then rushed to inform forest officials in the area about the serpent.
Later, a forest team came to the area equipped with nets, sticks and other materials to catch the reptile, they said.
After four hours of hectic efforts, they finally managed to catch the cobra alive and are in the process of shifting it to Visakhapatnam Zoological Park, the officials said.
King Cobra is the world`s longest venomous snake found predominantly in the forests of India, they said.
It is considered a dangerous snake and has a fearsome reputation in its range, although it typically avoids confrontation with humans, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?