15-ft-long King Cobra snake caught in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry (AP): A rare 15-feet-long King Cobra snake was caught by forest officials near a house in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district today.
A person living in the district`s agency area of Rampachodavaram heard some sounds beside his house last night.
When he went to check, he found a King Cobra resting there, forest officials said.
The man and his neighbours then rushed to inform forest officials in the area about the serpent.
Later, a forest team came to the area equipped with nets, sticks and other materials to catch the reptile, they said.
After four hours of hectic efforts, they finally managed to catch the cobra alive and are in the process of shifting it to Visakhapatnam Zoological Park, the officials said.
King Cobra is the world`s longest venomous snake found predominantly in the forests of India, they said.
It is considered a dangerous snake and has a fearsome reputation in its range, although it typically avoids confrontation with humans, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad