15-ft-long King Cobra snake caught in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry (AP): A rare 15-feet-long King Cobra snake was caught by forest officials near a house in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district today.
A person living in the district`s agency area of Rampachodavaram heard some sounds beside his house last night.
When he went to check, he found a King Cobra resting there, forest officials said.
The man and his neighbours then rushed to inform forest officials in the area about the serpent.
Later, a forest team came to the area equipped with nets, sticks and other materials to catch the reptile, they said.
After four hours of hectic efforts, they finally managed to catch the cobra alive and are in the process of shifting it to Visakhapatnam Zoological Park, the officials said.
King Cobra is the world`s longest venomous snake found predominantly in the forests of India, they said.
It is considered a dangerous snake and has a fearsome reputation in its range, although it typically avoids confrontation with humans, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened