15 TRS MLAs suspended for disrupting House in AP
Hyderabad: Fifteen MLAs belonging to the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) have been suspended for a day from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday as they disrupted proceedings demanding adoption of a resolution on the statehood issue.
The TRS members stormed the Speaker`s podium and raised slogans demanding that the House adopt a resolution seeking creation of Telangana state, even as Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy was supposed to present the Budget for 2013-14 financial year.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the House till 10 AM, but order did not restore even after it re-assembled.
As the TRS legislators persisted with their demand, the Speaker asked Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao to move a motion for suspending the protesting members.
The motion was carried by voice vote and the TRS members were suspended from the House for a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre