15 TRS MLAs suspended for disrupting House in AP
Hyderabad: Fifteen MLAs belonging to the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) have been suspended for a day from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Monday as they disrupted proceedings demanding adoption of a resolution on the statehood issue.
The TRS members stormed the Speaker`s podium and raised slogans demanding that the House adopt a resolution seeking creation of Telangana state, even as Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy was supposed to present the Budget for 2013-14 financial year.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the House till 10 AM, but order did not restore even after it re-assembled.
As the TRS legislators persisted with their demand, the Speaker asked Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao to move a motion for suspending the protesting members.
The motion was carried by voice vote and the TRS members were suspended from the House for a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player