16 held for attacking English daily`s lensman in Hyd
Hyderabad: 16 persons, including six workers
of a club, were arrested today for allegedly attacking a
photographer of an English daily, police said.
"We have registered three cases following the yesterday`s
incident. Today, 16 persons are arrested in this connection,"
DCP (West Zone) Stephen Raveendra said.
Another officer said efforts were on to arrest four more
workers of the club besides 19 rioters who are absconding
since the incident.
Photographer Nagara Gopal, and at least six others
sustained injuries after security guards and staff of a club
in Begumpet area here attacked them yesterday.
Trouble broke out when a group of about 100 people of B
S Maktha led by Somajiguda corporator Mahesh Yadav staged a
protest outside the club alleging it housed gambling
The club staff allegedly attacked the protesters as they
tried to enter the card room.
As protesters were being chased away, Gopal noticed
guards thrashing two women and clicked some photographs, but
the guards suddenly went "berserk and thrashed" him and
damaged his camera.
The police have registered cases on charges of rioting
and under various sections of the IPC following complaints and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test