16 held for attacking English daily`s lensman in Hyd
Hyderabad: 16 persons, including six workers
of a club, were arrested today for allegedly attacking a
photographer of an English daily, police said.
"We have registered three cases following the yesterday`s
incident. Today, 16 persons are arrested in this connection,"
DCP (West Zone) Stephen Raveendra said.
Another officer said efforts were on to arrest four more
workers of the club besides 19 rioters who are absconding
since the incident.
Photographer Nagara Gopal, and at least six others
sustained injuries after security guards and staff of a club
in Begumpet area here attacked them yesterday.
Trouble broke out when a group of about 100 people of B
S Maktha led by Somajiguda corporator Mahesh Yadav staged a
protest outside the club alleging it housed gambling
The club staff allegedly attacked the protesters as they
tried to enter the card room.
As protesters were being chased away, Gopal noticed
guards thrashing two women and clicked some photographs, but
the guards suddenly went "berserk and thrashed" him and
damaged his camera.
The police have registered cases on charges of rioting
and under various sections of the IPC following complaints and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police