16-year-old girl kills baby after secretly giving birth
Nizamabad (AP): A 16-year-old girl student allegedly threw her newborn baby from the window of her school hostel in the district following which the infant died, police said here today.
The girl, studying in class X at a state-run residential school for girls, had delivered a baby boy in the early hours at the school hostel on Tuesday. However, the panic-stricken girl threw the newborn from the window of the hostel toilet, police said, adding that the infant died while undergoing treatment.
"During the preliminary investigation, it was found that the girl`s marriage was fixed with her aunt`s son. When she had gone to her house at Pitlam mandal during the vacations last year, they had physical relations which resulted in her pregnancy," a senior police officer said.
"The girl subsequently returned to the hostel and used to tell her teachers that she was unwell. However, she kept mum about her pregnancy and used to cover her stomach. Apparently, the nursing staff who used to conduct health check up also failed to notice it," the officer said.
Police have registered a case under Section 315 of IPC (act done with intent to prevent child being born alive or to cause it to die after birth) against the girl, who has been shifted to a hospital for treatment.
A case of rape has been booked against the her aunt`s son and efforts were on to nab him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Trending Topics: Facebook makes changes to avoid political bias
- Pothole kills young girl in Bengaluru but minister says “don't blame the government”
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in: Ardent fan of MGR, auto-driver charges just Re 1 for all rides to celebrate win - WATCH