19 injured in mishap in AP
Rajahmundry : At least 19 people were injured when the bus in which they were travelling hit a stationary oil tanker at Deevan Cheru, 5 kms away from the city on Tuesday, police said.
The mishap occurred this morning when the state roadways bus, which was coming from Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry, hit the oil tanker from behind, they said.
The injured were rushed to the nearby government hospital for treatment, police said, adding that the condition of the driver of the bus was stated to be serious.
A case has been registered in this connection while the further probes are on, they added.
Recently, a private bus fell off a bridge in Maharashtra, claiming more than 25 lives while three buses met the same fate in Andhra Pradesh yesterday in which one person died and more than 20 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy