19 injured in mishap in AP
Rajahmundry : At least 19 people were injured when the bus in which they were travelling hit a stationary oil tanker at Deevan Cheru, 5 kms away from the city on Tuesday, police said.
The mishap occurred this morning when the state roadways bus, which was coming from Visakhapatnam to Rajahmundry, hit the oil tanker from behind, they said.
The injured were rushed to the nearby government hospital for treatment, police said, adding that the condition of the driver of the bus was stated to be serious.
A case has been registered in this connection while the further probes are on, they added.
Recently, a private bus fell off a bridge in Maharashtra, claiming more than 25 lives while three buses met the same fate in Andhra Pradesh yesterday in which one person died and more than 20 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland