20 people hospitalised for suspected poisoning in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Around 20 persons including women and children were hospitalised for suspected food-poisoning after they ate pizzas and burgers from a bakery at Hafeezbabanagar area here, civic and police officials said today.
The affected persons had purchased the items on March 29 and after consuming it started complaining of stomach pain, vomiting and loose motions, they said.
"After they fell ill they were admitted to different hospitals in the city since Monday. A team of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) also visited the bakery and collected food samples. The police were informed about the matter only yesterday," the officials said.
Kanchanbagh Police Station Inspector Ramesh Kotwal said they had registered a case in connection with the incident under relevant sections of The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act & Rules (PFA).
"No one has been arrested so far. Further investigations are underway," he said adding the statements of those affected are being recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it