20-year-old women college student arrested for cybercrime
Visakhapatnam: A 20-year-old woman, student of a private college, was today arrested by the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell (CCIC) for allegedly defaming her batchmate, police said.
The accused woman, a final year B Sc student of a private college, was arrested for creating a fake Facebook account by posting the victim`s photographs, along with her phone numbers and some abusive comments.
According to CCIC inspector K Satyanarayana Rao, Pollamuri Bhagya Sri Rama Amrutha (20) pursuing a B Sc degree in a private college had an argument with her batchmate.
Amrutha, who was not aware of the gravity of cybercrimes, allegedly created a fake Facebook account in the victim`s name and also posted her photographs, with some abusive comments.
Irritated after seeing her photographs and abusive comments, the victim and her?grandfather lodged a complaint at a local police station in the city about two months ago and subsequently the case was transferred to the CCIC.
Rao and his team analysed the case based on Facebook profile log details and user details.
They arrested Amrutha under Section 66 (A) and 66 (C) of the IT Act 2000-2008 and seized a tablet and some SIM cards as well as a mobile phone from her.
Based on Amrutha`s confession, she was sent to judicial custody, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!