20-year-old women college student arrested for cybercrime
Visakhapatnam: A 20-year-old woman, student of a private college, was today arrested by the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell (CCIC) for allegedly defaming her batchmate, police said.
The accused woman, a final year B Sc student of a private college, was arrested for creating a fake Facebook account by posting the victim`s photographs, along with her phone numbers and some abusive comments.
According to CCIC inspector K Satyanarayana Rao, Pollamuri Bhagya Sri Rama Amrutha (20) pursuing a B Sc degree in a private college had an argument with her batchmate.
Amrutha, who was not aware of the gravity of cybercrimes, allegedly created a fake Facebook account in the victim`s name and also posted her photographs, with some abusive comments.
Irritated after seeing her photographs and abusive comments, the victim and her?grandfather lodged a complaint at a local police station in the city about two months ago and subsequently the case was transferred to the CCIC.
Rao and his team analysed the case based on Facebook profile log details and user details.
They arrested Amrutha under Section 66 (A) and 66 (C) of the IT Act 2000-2008 and seized a tablet and some SIM cards as well as a mobile phone from her.
Based on Amrutha`s confession, she was sent to judicial custody, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended