20-year-old women college student arrested for cybercrime
Visakhapatnam: A 20-year-old woman, student of a private college, was today arrested by the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell (CCIC) for allegedly defaming her batchmate, police said.
The accused woman, a final year B Sc student of a private college, was arrested for creating a fake Facebook account by posting the victim`s photographs, along with her phone numbers and some abusive comments.
According to CCIC inspector K Satyanarayana Rao, Pollamuri Bhagya Sri Rama Amrutha (20) pursuing a B Sc degree in a private college had an argument with her batchmate.
Amrutha, who was not aware of the gravity of cybercrimes, allegedly created a fake Facebook account in the victim`s name and also posted her photographs, with some abusive comments.
Irritated after seeing her photographs and abusive comments, the victim and her?grandfather lodged a complaint at a local police station in the city about two months ago and subsequently the case was transferred to the CCIC.
Rao and his team analysed the case based on Facebook profile log details and user details.
They arrested Amrutha under Section 66 (A) and 66 (C) of the IT Act 2000-2008 and seized a tablet and some SIM cards as well as a mobile phone from her.
Based on Amrutha`s confession, she was sent to judicial custody, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’