2007 Hyderabad blasts: Charges framed against four IM operatives
Hyderabad: A local court on Wednesday framed charges against the four accused in the August 2007 twin bomb blasts here, that left behind 42 people dead.
The second Metropolitan Sessions Judge`s (MSJ) court framed charges against Anique Shafiq Syed, Mohammed Sadiq, Akbar Ismail Choudhary and Ansar Ahmed Badhsah Sheikh -- all alleged Indian Mujahideen operatives.
The accused have been charged under section 302 (murder) and other relevant provisions of the IPC and sections of Explosive Substances Act in connection with the twin blasts that occurred on August 25, 2007, and also with regard to recovery of an unexploded bomb that was found under a foot-overbridge at Dilsuknagar area here.
The court then posted the matter to October 28 for fixing of schedule (starting of trial). On that day, the court will decide on issuing of summons to witnesses for recording their statements.
The IM men are among those arrested by Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad in October 2008 and later taken into custody by Gujarat police for questioning in connection with the serial explosions in Ahmedabad in July that year.
Andhra Pradesh police has filed a charge sheet in the twin blasts case and secured permission for their prosecution.
The near-simultaneous blasts at the popular eatery Gokul Chat killed 32 people, while 10 others died at the open air theatre at Lumbini Park, a few metres away from the state Secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical