21,441 Gram Panchayats in AP go to polls this month
Hyderabad: As many as 21,441 Gram Panchayats in Andhra Pradesh will go to polls later this month.
Elections will not be held in 149 gram panchayats due to various reasons, the State Election Commission said in a release here on Tuesday.
The polling will be held in three phases on July 23, 27 and 31. A notification to this effect was issued by the Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission on July 3, the day when model code of conduct also came into force.
The nominations can be filed till July 13. The last date for the withdrawal of candidature is July 17 and the list of contesting candidates will be published the same day.
The counting of votes will be taken up from 2 PM onwards on the day of the polling.
A total of 2,19,753 polling stations have been set up in the State, which has 3,94,01,855 voters, including 1,97,52,741 females.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you