21,441 Gram Panchayats in AP go to polls this month
Hyderabad: As many as 21,441 Gram Panchayats in Andhra Pradesh will go to polls later this month.
Elections will not be held in 149 gram panchayats due to various reasons, the State Election Commission said in a release here on Tuesday.
The polling will be held in three phases on July 23, 27 and 31. A notification to this effect was issued by the Andhra Pradesh State Election Commission on July 3, the day when model code of conduct also came into force.
The nominations can be filed till July 13. The last date for the withdrawal of candidature is July 17 and the list of contesting candidates will be published the same day.
The counting of votes will be taken up from 2 PM onwards on the day of the polling.
A total of 2,19,753 polling stations have been set up in the State, which has 3,94,01,855 voters, including 1,97,52,741 females.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing