22 injured as ropeway collapses in AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry: At least 22 tribal labourers, were injured when a ropeway on which they were walking on their way to work, collapsed on Monday in Kindra village of Rajavommangi mandal, in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, 93 kms away from here.
Tribals who are in their farm cultivation left their village to cross Munneru rivulet, through the ropeway which was constructed nearly 20 years ago, Ramachandrapuram sub-collector Gandham Chandrudu told PTI.
He said 12 tribals labourers, fell immediately after losing their balance, while 10 others hung on for five minutes, after which they too fell into the rivulet resulting in injuries to 22 labourers, he said.
Five out of the 12 received serious injuries and were rushed to the Kakinada Government General Hospital for treatment, he said, adding that the rest who received minor injuries were admitted in the Rajavommangi Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?