22 injured as ropeway collapses in AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry: At least 22 tribal labourers, were injured when a ropeway on which they were walking on their way to work, collapsed on Monday in Kindra village of Rajavommangi mandal, in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, 93 kms away from here.
Tribals who are in their farm cultivation left their village to cross Munneru rivulet, through the ropeway which was constructed nearly 20 years ago, Ramachandrapuram sub-collector Gandham Chandrudu told PTI.
He said 12 tribals labourers, fell immediately after losing their balance, while 10 others hung on for five minutes, after which they too fell into the rivulet resulting in injuries to 22 labourers, he said.
Five out of the 12 received serious injuries and were rushed to the Kakinada Government General Hospital for treatment, he said, adding that the rest who received minor injuries were admitted in the Rajavommangi Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index