22 injured as ropeway collapses in AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry: At least 22 tribal labourers, were injured when a ropeway on which they were walking on their way to work, collapsed on Monday in Kindra village of Rajavommangi mandal, in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, 93 kms away from here.
Tribals who are in their farm cultivation left their village to cross Munneru rivulet, through the ropeway which was constructed nearly 20 years ago, Ramachandrapuram sub-collector Gandham Chandrudu told PTI.
He said 12 tribals labourers, fell immediately after losing their balance, while 10 others hung on for five minutes, after which they too fell into the rivulet resulting in injuries to 22 labourers, he said.
Five out of the 12 received serious injuries and were rushed to the Kakinada Government General Hospital for treatment, he said, adding that the rest who received minor injuries were admitted in the Rajavommangi Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok