22 injured as ropeway collapses in AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry: At least 22 tribal labourers, were injured when a ropeway on which they were walking on their way to work, collapsed on Monday in Kindra village of Rajavommangi mandal, in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, 93 kms away from here.
Tribals who are in their farm cultivation left their village to cross Munneru rivulet, through the ropeway which was constructed nearly 20 years ago, Ramachandrapuram sub-collector Gandham Chandrudu told PTI.
He said 12 tribals labourers, fell immediately after losing their balance, while 10 others hung on for five minutes, after which they too fell into the rivulet resulting in injuries to 22 labourers, he said.
Five out of the 12 received serious injuries and were rushed to the Kakinada Government General Hospital for treatment, he said, adding that the rest who received minor injuries were admitted in the Rajavommangi Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement