22 injured as ropeway collapses in AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry: At least 22 tribal labourers, were injured when a ropeway on which they were walking on their way to work, collapsed on Monday in Kindra village of Rajavommangi mandal, in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, 93 kms away from here.
Tribals who are in their farm cultivation left their village to cross Munneru rivulet, through the ropeway which was constructed nearly 20 years ago, Ramachandrapuram sub-collector Gandham Chandrudu told PTI.
He said 12 tribals labourers, fell immediately after losing their balance, while 10 others hung on for five minutes, after which they too fell into the rivulet resulting in injuries to 22 labourers, he said.
Five out of the 12 received serious injuries and were rushed to the Kakinada Government General Hospital for treatment, he said, adding that the rest who received minor injuries were admitted in the Rajavommangi Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail