22 sunstroke deaths reported in AP`s Krishna district
Machilipatnam (AP): Intense heat wave has taken a heavy toll in Andhra Pradesh`s Krishna district, where 22 people have died due to sunstroke since late last month, officials said on Monday.
Most of the victims were agricultural labourers.
Twenty-two people have succumbed to sunstroke in various Mandals of the district between May 24 and June 1, Collector S A M Rizvee said, quoting reports reaching the district headquarter here, about 350km from Hyderabad.
Machilipatnam town reported the maximum death (six), followed by Koduru and Bapulapadu Mandals (five each), Jaggaiahpet, Penuganchiprolu (two each), G Konduru and Nandivada Mandals (one each), he said.
The coastal district is witnessing abnormally high temperatures this summer, Rizvee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment