23 persons get three-day jail for drunken driving in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A local court has awarded three-day imprisonment to 23 persons for drunken driving.
The Third Metropolitan Magistrate, B C Rayudu, found them guilty of driving vehicles under the influence of liquor, and sent them to jail for three days.
A drive was carried out by Hyderabad Traffic Police (HTP) on March 15 and 16 and a total of 318 cases were filed against drunken drivers.
The vehicles of all the respondents (motorists/ drivers) were detained and all those caught attended counselling sessions yesterday.
The respondents were produced before the court, which imposed fines between Rs 2,000 and Rs 2,100 on them.
From January 1 to March 17, a total of 2,081 cases of drunken driving were registered in the state capital, an official release said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore