237 kg of ganja seized; one held
Dindigul: Ganja weighing 237 kg and valued at about Rs 30 lakh in the street market, was today seized at Chinnaiyanpatti in the district and one person arrested in this connection, police said.
The contraband was found hoarded in the farm house of Srinivasan following a tip-off, police said.
Selvam, a school-teacher, suspected to be a business partner of Srinivasan, was also arrested in this connection.
Police are searching for Srinivasan, his wife and two others in the case.
Selvam has been remanded in judicial custody.
Investigations revealed that both Selvam and Srinivasan were jointly smuggling the ganja from Andhra and selling it in this district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre