25 TRS, YRSC MLAs suspended for stalling AP assembly
Hyderabad: Twenty five legislators belonging to Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and YSR Congress were suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly today for constantly disrupting proceedings over different issues.
BJP MLAs staged a walkout from the House protesting the government`s refusal to adopt a resolution on the Telangana issue.
The House met for an evening session today to take up government bills but trouble began immediately as TRS MLAs persisted with their demand for a resolution on Telangana while YSRC members wanted a discussion on allotment of land to IMG Bharata sports academy by the erstwhile TDP government.
The House witnessed sloganeering by YSRC and TDP members leading to adjournment of proceedings for half an hour.
As TRS and YSRC legislators continued to create a din when the House re-assembled, the Speaker named the members (13 from TRS and 12 from YSRC) and a motion was moved for their suspension for the day.
TDP deputy leader P Ashoka Gajapati Raju registered a protest and accused the government of failing to run the House effectively.
Another deputy leader of TDP Gali Muddukrishnama Naidu alleged that both Congress and YSRC conspired to raise the IMG Bharata issue only to escape from discussing issues of public concern.
CPI, CPI(M) and MIM legislators too registered their protest and expressed anguish over the way in which the House was running.
Earlier in the day, the House remained in pandemonium as TRS and YSRC members disrupted proceedings on their respective demands.
Three adjournments later, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, who was in the Chair, ran through the process of moving different bills and adjourned the House till evening.
TDP too staged a walkout from the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city