25 TRS, YRSC MLAs suspended for stalling AP assembly
Hyderabad: Twenty five legislators belonging to Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and YSR Congress were suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly today for constantly disrupting proceedings over different issues.
BJP MLAs staged a walkout from the House protesting the government`s refusal to adopt a resolution on the Telangana issue.
The House met for an evening session today to take up government bills but trouble began immediately as TRS MLAs persisted with their demand for a resolution on Telangana while YSRC members wanted a discussion on allotment of land to IMG Bharata sports academy by the erstwhile TDP government.
The House witnessed sloganeering by YSRC and TDP members leading to adjournment of proceedings for half an hour.
As TRS and YSRC legislators continued to create a din when the House re-assembled, the Speaker named the members (13 from TRS and 12 from YSRC) and a motion was moved for their suspension for the day.
TDP deputy leader P Ashoka Gajapati Raju registered a protest and accused the government of failing to run the House effectively.
Another deputy leader of TDP Gali Muddukrishnama Naidu alleged that both Congress and YSRC conspired to raise the IMG Bharata issue only to escape from discussing issues of public concern.
CPI, CPI(M) and MIM legislators too registered their protest and expressed anguish over the way in which the House was running.
Earlier in the day, the House remained in pandemonium as TRS and YSRC members disrupted proceedings on their respective demands.
Three adjournments later, Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, who was in the Chair, ran through the process of moving different bills and adjourned the House till evening.
TDP too staged a walkout from the House.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?