284 Andhra pilgrims still untraceable in Uttarakhand
Hyderabad: As many as 284 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh remained unaccounted for in the flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
According to a release from the State Disaster Management Commissioner`s office here today, 2,782 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh were stranded in the hill state, which was hit by heavy rains and landslides over 10 days ago.
Among them, 1,628 people have returned home safely, while 858 were reported to be safe though they have not reached their native places yet. As many as 284 pilgrims were still unaccounted for as on today, it said.
The office said yesterday that 14 people were said to have died in the northern state.
The state government has hired a helicopter for the rescue of stranded pilgrims. It has deputed IAS officers and teams of other officials to Uttarakhand and also Delhi to facilitate the safe return of the pilgrims.
The government has set up helplines at Dehradun, Delhi and also Hyderabad to help the victims.
The special officer deputed in Dehradun and Resident Commissioner of AP Bhavan in Delhi have been authorised to incur expenditure and make adequate transport arrangements for all pilgrims from AP who were rescued or airlifted.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy interacted with the pilgrims, who have returned from Uttarakhand, at the AP Bhavan yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi