3 killed in firing after group clash in Kurnool
Hyderabad: Three villagers were killed and five others, including two policemen, injured in firing after a clash between members of two communities at Jillela village in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Monday.
Three persons, including one Ganni Mian, have been taken in custody in connection with the case, police said.
Ganni Mian, who was convicted earlier in a murder case, allegedly fired at the villagers last evening in which three persons were killed and five others sustained injuries, including a police sub-inspector and a constable, a senior police officer from Kurnool said.
The situation in the village is now under control and additional forces have been deployed since yesterday as a precautionary step, he said.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy alleged that failed to prevent the clash and demanded a judicial inquiry into it.
Reddy claimed before mediapersons here that the accused opened 53 rounds of firing. Police recovered 26 bullets from the spot, but failed to take action against the accused, he alleged.
Though members of two communities were at loggerheads on the issue of a land for sometime, police did not take any preventive measure to resolve the problem, he further alleged.
"It was a pre-planned attack on the villagers of a particular family," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you