3 killed in firing after group clash in Kurnool
Hyderabad: Three villagers were killed and five others, including two policemen, injured in firing after a clash between members of two communities at Jillela village in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Monday.
Three persons, including one Ganni Mian, have been taken in custody in connection with the case, police said.
Ganni Mian, who was convicted earlier in a murder case, allegedly fired at the villagers last evening in which three persons were killed and five others sustained injuries, including a police sub-inspector and a constable, a senior police officer from Kurnool said.
The situation in the village is now under control and additional forces have been deployed since yesterday as a precautionary step, he said.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy alleged that failed to prevent the clash and demanded a judicial inquiry into it.
Reddy claimed before mediapersons here that the accused opened 53 rounds of firing. Police recovered 26 bullets from the spot, but failed to take action against the accused, he alleged.
Though members of two communities were at loggerheads on the issue of a land for sometime, police did not take any preventive measure to resolve the problem, he further alleged.
"It was a pre-planned attack on the villagers of a particular family," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- LG X Screen: Smartphone that offers more than just two screens
- Bomb explodes at Brussels criminology institute, no casualties