3 lakh hectares of land in East Godavari to be irrigated: Reddy
Rajahmundry: Three lakh hectares of land in East Godavari district will be irrigated by March, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy announced Sunday.
"Water will be provided to three lakh acres by March this
year in East Godavari district," Reddy said after inaugurating the Indira Jala Prabha scheme at Vajrakutam village under Gollaprolu mandal of the district.
" 1,231 acres of land has been brought under cultivation in
the district and 69 bore-wells dug up under the Rs 1,800 crore `Indira Jala Prabha` scheme.
The chief minister was accompanied by Union Minister Jairam Ramesh, state Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened