3 members of inter-state white collar criminal gang held in AP
Hyderabad: Three members of an inter-state white collar criminal gang who allegedly indulged in fraudulent transactions worth over Rs 3 crore from across the country, including the national capital, were arrested on Tuesday, the police said.
The accused, including Anshul Thapar from Ludhiana, K Govardhan from Chitoor in Andhra Pradesh and Jainarayan Sisodia from Delhi, were nabbed from a location here by the Commissioner`s Task Force (East Zone) and the Panjagutta police.
The trio`s alleged offences include cheating banks to the tune of Rs 2.88 crore by withdrawing or transferring money using cloned credit cards in Delhi, besides alleged swindling Rs 38 lakh in Chennai as well as illegally carrying out balance transfer from banks to the tune of Rs 7.5 lakhs, the police said.
They are also wanted in connection with five property-related offences reported from Kanchanbagh police station here.
The trio also opened as many as 90 bank accounts by using fake and forged documents in different parts of Andhra Pradesh, said the police, which is investigating the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble