3 members of inter-state white collar criminal gang held in AP
Hyderabad: Three members of an inter-state white collar criminal gang who allegedly indulged in fraudulent transactions worth over Rs 3 crore from across the country, including the national capital, were arrested on Tuesday, the police said.
The accused, including Anshul Thapar from Ludhiana, K Govardhan from Chitoor in Andhra Pradesh and Jainarayan Sisodia from Delhi, were nabbed from a location here by the Commissioner`s Task Force (East Zone) and the Panjagutta police.
The trio`s alleged offences include cheating banks to the tune of Rs 2.88 crore by withdrawing or transferring money using cloned credit cards in Delhi, besides alleged swindling Rs 38 lakh in Chennai as well as illegally carrying out balance transfer from banks to the tune of Rs 7.5 lakhs, the police said.
They are also wanted in connection with five property-related offences reported from Kanchanbagh police station here.
The trio also opened as many as 90 bank accounts by using fake and forged documents in different parts of Andhra Pradesh, said the police, which is investigating the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi