3 Naxals arrested in Warangal
Warangal (AP): Three alleged Naxals were of Prajaprathighatana group were arrested Friday on the charge of extortion.
The trio was identified as M Sreenu, Nageshwar Rao and Pittala Ilaiah--all from Warangal district. Police seized two Single Barrel Muzzle Loading (SBML) guns from them, Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Y Sayesekhar said.
The three were a part of an armed squad under Gampala Raghupathi alias Mohannana alias Damodar, the officer said, adding they extorted money from traders and farmers of Kothaguda area and handed it over to Raghupathi.
Raghupathi, who remains elusive, is the state committee secretary of the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use