3 Naxals arrested in Warangal
Warangal (AP): Three alleged Naxals were of Prajaprathighatana group were arrested Friday on the charge of extortion.
The trio was identified as M Sreenu, Nageshwar Rao and Pittala Ilaiah--all from Warangal district. Police seized two Single Barrel Muzzle Loading (SBML) guns from them, Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Y Sayesekhar said.
The three were a part of an armed squad under Gampala Raghupathi alias Mohannana alias Damodar, the officer said, adding they extorted money from traders and farmers of Kothaguda area and handed it over to Raghupathi.
Raghupathi, who remains elusive, is the state committee secretary of the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!