3 Naxals arrested in Warangal
Warangal (AP): Three alleged Naxals were of Prajaprathighatana group were arrested Friday on the charge of extortion.
The trio was identified as M Sreenu, Nageshwar Rao and Pittala Ilaiah--all from Warangal district. Police seized two Single Barrel Muzzle Loading (SBML) guns from them, Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Y Sayesekhar said.
The three were a part of an armed squad under Gampala Raghupathi alias Mohannana alias Damodar, the officer said, adding they extorted money from traders and farmers of Kothaguda area and handed it over to Raghupathi.
Raghupathi, who remains elusive, is the state committee secretary of the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery