3 Naxals arrested in Warangal
Warangal (AP): Three alleged Naxals were of Prajaprathighatana group were arrested Friday on the charge of extortion.
The trio was identified as M Sreenu, Nageshwar Rao and Pittala Ilaiah--all from Warangal district. Police seized two Single Barrel Muzzle Loading (SBML) guns from them, Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Y Sayesekhar said.
The three were a part of an armed squad under Gampala Raghupathi alias Mohannana alias Damodar, the officer said, adding they extorted money from traders and farmers of Kothaguda area and handed it over to Raghupathi.
Raghupathi, who remains elusive, is the state committee secretary of the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader