4 women drown at Guntur in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Four women, working in a private
firm, on Sunday drowned in Krishna river at Amaravathi in Guntur
district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Seven women employees of a private company from the
district had gone to Amaravathi for picnic this morning and
six of them ventured into the river for a bath, they said.
"The mishap occurred after they entered the river and
accidentally slipped into the deep waters and drowned. None of
them knew how to swim. Locals managed to rescue the two other
women," a police officer told PTI over phone.
The bodies of the four women in the age-group of 20-27
were recovered, he said.
A colleague of the deceased who did not venture into the
river said "even before some local swimmers jumped into the
river, the four women drowned."
Amaravathi police have registered a case. Further
investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'
- Why US President Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump at final correspondents' dinner