45-year-old woman injured in acid attack at Khammam
Hyderabad: A 45-year-old woman suffered burn injuries after an unidentified person threw acid on her in Khammam town of Andhra Pradesh today, the police said.
The housewife was walking on the roadside at Kinnera Centre, when one person came from behind, suddenly threw acid on her and fled the spot, the police said.
It is suspected that the woman was attacked due to a family dispute, they added.
"The woman suffered around 30 per cent burn injuries in the incident and is undergoing treatment at a hospital, where her condition is stated to be out of danger," a police officer said.
Khammam One Town police has registered a case and are investigating the case further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway