45-year-old woman injured in acid attack at Khammam
Hyderabad: A 45-year-old woman suffered burn injuries after an unidentified person threw acid on her in Khammam town of Andhra Pradesh today, the police said.
The housewife was walking on the roadside at Kinnera Centre, when one person came from behind, suddenly threw acid on her and fled the spot, the police said.
It is suspected that the woman was attacked due to a family dispute, they added.
"The woman suffered around 30 per cent burn injuries in the incident and is undergoing treatment at a hospital, where her condition is stated to be out of danger," a police officer said.
Khammam One Town police has registered a case and are investigating the case further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!