5 accused in LIC exam paper leak case sent to 14 days custody
Hyderabad: Five persons, arrested for
allegedly leaking the question paper of an all-India
examination for the post of LIC`s assistant administrative
officer here, were today remanded in judicial custody for 14
The Central Crime Station (a wing of Hyderabad
Police), which is investigating the case, produced prime
accused Yogeshwar Kumar Rao alias Yogiraj, a high school
teacher from Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh, and four others before
the ACMM Court here, which sent them to judicial custody for
14 days, a senior police officer said to a news agency.
Following the court order, all the five persons were
taken to Chanchalguda Jail, he said.
Sleuths of the Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone)
team had yesterday busted an inter-state racket and nabbed
Yogiraj, Palvai Ashok Kumar, B Anna Rao, Perla Srinivas and
Gudla Srinivas (all agents from Andhra Pradesh), after raiding
a house in Gandhi Nagar here and seized the leaked question
papers from their possession.
The officer said as part of further investigations
into the case they would tomorrow file a petition before the
court seeking the custody of the prime accused Yogiraj and
Palvai Ashok Kumar.
During preliminary probe it was revealed that the five
persons, accused of indulging in leaking the question paper at
Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam, were charging Rs
seven lakh from each candidate, police had earlier said.
The five accused have been charged under sections
120-B (criminal conspiracy), 379 (theft), 420 (cheating) and
406 (criminal breach of trust) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks