5 accused in LIC exam paper leak case sent to 14 days custody
Hyderabad: Five persons, arrested for
allegedly leaking the question paper of an all-India
examination for the post of LIC`s assistant administrative
officer here, were today remanded in judicial custody for 14
The Central Crime Station (a wing of Hyderabad
Police), which is investigating the case, produced prime
accused Yogeshwar Kumar Rao alias Yogiraj, a high school
teacher from Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh, and four others before
the ACMM Court here, which sent them to judicial custody for
14 days, a senior police officer said to a news agency.
Following the court order, all the five persons were
taken to Chanchalguda Jail, he said.
Sleuths of the Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone)
team had yesterday busted an inter-state racket and nabbed
Yogiraj, Palvai Ashok Kumar, B Anna Rao, Perla Srinivas and
Gudla Srinivas (all agents from Andhra Pradesh), after raiding
a house in Gandhi Nagar here and seized the leaked question
papers from their possession.
The officer said as part of further investigations
into the case they would tomorrow file a petition before the
court seeking the custody of the prime accused Yogiraj and
Palvai Ashok Kumar.
During preliminary probe it was revealed that the five
persons, accused of indulging in leaking the question paper at
Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam, were charging Rs
seven lakh from each candidate, police had earlier said.
The five accused have been charged under sections
120-B (criminal conspiracy), 379 (theft), 420 (cheating) and
406 (criminal breach of trust) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir