5 accused in LIC exam paper leak case sent to 14 days custody
Hyderabad: Five persons, arrested for
allegedly leaking the question paper of an all-India
examination for the post of LIC`s assistant administrative
officer here, were today remanded in judicial custody for 14
The Central Crime Station (a wing of Hyderabad
Police), which is investigating the case, produced prime
accused Yogeshwar Kumar Rao alias Yogiraj, a high school
teacher from Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh, and four others before
the ACMM Court here, which sent them to judicial custody for
14 days, a senior police officer said to a news agency.
Following the court order, all the five persons were
taken to Chanchalguda Jail, he said.
Sleuths of the Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone)
team had yesterday busted an inter-state racket and nabbed
Yogiraj, Palvai Ashok Kumar, B Anna Rao, Perla Srinivas and
Gudla Srinivas (all agents from Andhra Pradesh), after raiding
a house in Gandhi Nagar here and seized the leaked question
papers from their possession.
The officer said as part of further investigations
into the case they would tomorrow file a petition before the
court seeking the custody of the prime accused Yogiraj and
Palvai Ashok Kumar.
During preliminary probe it was revealed that the five
persons, accused of indulging in leaking the question paper at
Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam, were charging Rs
seven lakh from each candidate, police had earlier said.
The five accused have been charged under sections
120-B (criminal conspiracy), 379 (theft), 420 (cheating) and
406 (criminal breach of trust) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal