5 B.Tech students arrested for beating up junior
Hyderabad: Five students of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University were Wednesday arrested for allegedly assaulting a junior student in the hostel, police said.
The students, all final year B.Tech students, allegedly beat up a second-year student for allegedly spitting on one of them, police said.
The five arrested students were produced in court, KPHB Police Inspector G Baswa Reddy said.
A case under Section 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of Indian Penal Code has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice