5 feared drowned in Vijayawada power station canal
Vijayawada: A woman and four girls
feared drowned in Vijayawada Thermal Power Station (VTPS) hot
water canal here today in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.
A woman (22) went to the canal for washing cloths
along with four children. The girls aged between 10 to 14 yrs
while taking bath on the shore of the canal slipped into
it. The woman on hearing cries tried to save them, but she too
slipped in the canal, police said.
So far bodies of two girls have been fished out and
search were on to trace other bodies, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt