5 killed as car collides with tanker in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Five persons including three women were killed when the car, they were travelling, rammed into a milk tanker in Medak district on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when a Tata Indica on its way to Hyderabad from Siddipet, rammed into a milk tanker parked on the Rajiv Rahdari Road on the outskirts of Mulug mandal headquarters in Medak at around 12.30pm today.
While four passengers of the car died on the spot, one succumbed on way to hospital.
The deceased, residents of different villages of Siddipet mandal, were identified as ? Padma (35), Mallava (40), Kankamma (40), Swamy (38) and car driver Srinu (35).
Another injured car passenger has been admitted to a government hospital in Gajwel.
The Mulug Police registered a case in this connection and shifted the bodies to Area Hospital in Gajwel for postmortem.
Local MLA T Narsa Reddy and Medak district Joint Collector Dr Sharath visited the accident site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus