5 killed as car collides with tanker in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Five persons including three women were killed when the car, they were travelling, rammed into a milk tanker in Medak district on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when a Tata Indica on its way to Hyderabad from Siddipet, rammed into a milk tanker parked on the Rajiv Rahdari Road on the outskirts of Mulug mandal headquarters in Medak at around 12.30pm today.
While four passengers of the car died on the spot, one succumbed on way to hospital.
The deceased, residents of different villages of Siddipet mandal, were identified as ? Padma (35), Mallava (40), Kankamma (40), Swamy (38) and car driver Srinu (35).
Another injured car passenger has been admitted to a government hospital in Gajwel.
The Mulug Police registered a case in this connection and shifted the bodies to Area Hospital in Gajwel for postmortem.
Local MLA T Narsa Reddy and Medak district Joint Collector Dr Sharath visited the accident site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez