6% DA enhancement for AP employees
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Cabinet on Monday approved enhancement of dearness allowance (DA) to state government employees by 5.99 percent with retrospective effect from July 1, 2011.
The Cabinet met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy after a gap of more than two months and discussed various issues.
Consequent to the decision, the DA component for the employees will increase from the present 29.96 percent to 35.95 percent, according to Information and Public Relations Minister DK Aruna said.
The DA enhancement would cost the exchequer Rs 6015 crore per annum, the Minister told newspersons after the Cabinet meeting.
The Cabinet also approved the zero-interest loan scheme for farmers up to Rs one lakh each. Over 95 lakh farmers would benefit from the scheme while the financial
burden on the state would be Rs 1,500 crore per annum, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how