7 killed, 15 injured in road mishap near Tirupati
Tirupati: Seven persons were killed and 15
others injured, five of them seriously, in a collision
involving three vehicles, including a bus from Bangalore, at
Putalapattu, 60 km from here, on Saturday.
The mishap occurred when a private bus with 55 passengers
from Bangalore and a car from Tenkasi in Tamil Nadu collided
with a lorry coming in the opposite direction on the
Tirupati-Bangalore highway, police said.
The injured had been admitted to Chittoor Government
hospital where the condition of five of them was stated to be
serious, police said.
The bus was on its way here while the car was proceeding to
nearby Tirumala, the abode of Lord Venkateswara.
Police investigation was on to ascertain the exact cause of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy