7 killed, 15 injured in road mishap near Tirupati
Tirupati: Seven persons were killed and 15
others injured, five of them seriously, in a collision
involving three vehicles, including a bus from Bangalore, at
Putalapattu, 60 km from here, on Saturday.
The mishap occurred when a private bus with 55 passengers
from Bangalore and a car from Tenkasi in Tamil Nadu collided
with a lorry coming in the opposite direction on the
Tirupati-Bangalore highway, police said.
The injured had been admitted to Chittoor Government
hospital where the condition of five of them was stated to be
serious, police said.
The bus was on its way here while the car was proceeding to
nearby Tirumala, the abode of Lord Venkateswara.
Police investigation was on to ascertain the exact cause of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand