7 killed, 15 injured in road mishap near Tirupati
Tirupati: Seven persons were killed and 15
others injured, five of them seriously, in a collision
involving three vehicles, including a bus from Bangalore, at
Putalapattu, 60 km from here, on Saturday.
The mishap occurred when a private bus with 55 passengers
from Bangalore and a car from Tenkasi in Tamil Nadu collided
with a lorry coming in the opposite direction on the
Tirupati-Bangalore highway, police said.
The injured had been admitted to Chittoor Government
hospital where the condition of five of them was stated to be
serious, police said.
The bus was on its way here while the car was proceeding to
nearby Tirumala, the abode of Lord Venkateswara.
Police investigation was on to ascertain the exact cause of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes