75 Maoist militia members surrender in Andhra
Visakhapatnam: More than 75 militia members from Korukonda Area Committee of Maoists on Saturday surrendered before the Visakhapatnam rural police.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (Visakhapatnam Range) Soumya Mishra said those surrendered included eight members involved in blasting of BSNL towers at Lambasinghi in November 2011, burning of Andhra Pradesh Forest Development Corporation quarters at Cherlapalli village last December and attack on police team at Rallagedda village in February.
The surrendered Maoists are from Rallagedda, Kappa Gondi, Mulakothuru and Gunjiveedhi villages of Chintapalli mandal in the agency area of Visakhapatnam district.
They would be rehabilitated suitably, Mishra added.
Some of the surrendered militia members, including V Premsingh and V Gangaraju, told reporters that they had taken part in violent activities under duress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor