81 pilgrims from Andhra missing in Uttarakhand
Hyderabad: As many as 81 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh are still missing in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
Andhra Pradesh government has uploaded the details of the missing people on its website. It has provided photos of the missing, their addresses and contact numbers of their relatives.
These people belonging to 10 districts went missing in Kedarnath and Gaurikund. They include 33 from Ranga Reddy district, 14 from Krishna, eight from Hyderabad, five each from Chittoor and Visakhapatnam, four each from Guntur and YSR Kadapa, three each from Anantapur and West Godavari and two from Nizamabad district.
Anxious relatives of the missing are waiting for some information about their near and dear ones. The officials of disaster management department are in touch with their counterparts in Uttarakhand for any information about these pilgrims.
According to officials 2,785 people from Andhra Pradesh had gone to the hill state for the pilgrimage. Thirteen pilgrims were confirmed dead while the remaining returned home in batches during last two weeks.
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) vice-chairman Marri Sashidhar Reddy said at least 4,000 pilgrims from various parts of the country were missing in Uttarakhand. However, Sphere India, an NGO, has put the figure at 11,600.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists