81 pilgrims from Andhra missing in Uttarakhand
Hyderabad: As many as 81 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh are still missing in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
Andhra Pradesh government has uploaded the details of the missing people on its website. It has provided photos of the missing, their addresses and contact numbers of their relatives.
These people belonging to 10 districts went missing in Kedarnath and Gaurikund. They include 33 from Ranga Reddy district, 14 from Krishna, eight from Hyderabad, five each from Chittoor and Visakhapatnam, four each from Guntur and YSR Kadapa, three each from Anantapur and West Godavari and two from Nizamabad district.
Anxious relatives of the missing are waiting for some information about their near and dear ones. The officials of disaster management department are in touch with their counterparts in Uttarakhand for any information about these pilgrims.
According to officials 2,785 people from Andhra Pradesh had gone to the hill state for the pilgrimage. Thirteen pilgrims were confirmed dead while the remaining returned home in batches during last two weeks.
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) vice-chairman Marri Sashidhar Reddy said at least 4,000 pilgrims from various parts of the country were missing in Uttarakhand. However, Sphere India, an NGO, has put the figure at 11,600.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says