81 pilgrims from Andhra missing in Uttarakhand
Hyderabad: As many as 81 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh are still missing in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
Andhra Pradesh government has uploaded the details of the missing people on its website. It has provided photos of the missing, their addresses and contact numbers of their relatives.
These people belonging to 10 districts went missing in Kedarnath and Gaurikund. They include 33 from Ranga Reddy district, 14 from Krishna, eight from Hyderabad, five each from Chittoor and Visakhapatnam, four each from Guntur and YSR Kadapa, three each from Anantapur and West Godavari and two from Nizamabad district.
Anxious relatives of the missing are waiting for some information about their near and dear ones. The officials of disaster management department are in touch with their counterparts in Uttarakhand for any information about these pilgrims.
According to officials 2,785 people from Andhra Pradesh had gone to the hill state for the pilgrimage. Thirteen pilgrims were confirmed dead while the remaining returned home in batches during last two weeks.
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) vice-chairman Marri Sashidhar Reddy said at least 4,000 pilgrims from various parts of the country were missing in Uttarakhand. However, Sphere India, an NGO, has put the figure at 11,600.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder