85 Andhra people return from Ukraine
New Delhi: Eighty five people belonging to Andhra Pradesh have reached Delhi on Thursday from the strife-torn Ukraine.
According to a press release from the Andhra Pradesh Information Centre here, 85 Telugu people have reached IGI airport in the early hours of today in a flight arranged by the Government of India.
With the initiation of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu with the Union Ministry of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs, the Telugu people, who were stranded at Ukraine were being brought back to India, it added.
It may be recalled that about 145 workers belonging to Andhra Pradesh, who were employed in Iraq and Libya had yesterday returned to India.
So far, about 1,000 persons hailing from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, who were employed in the strife torn countries, have reached their respective home towns safely since the civil war broke out in those countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say