85 Andhra people return from Ukraine
New Delhi: Eighty five people belonging to Andhra Pradesh have reached Delhi on Thursday from the strife-torn Ukraine.
According to a press release from the Andhra Pradesh Information Centre here, 85 Telugu people have reached IGI airport in the early hours of today in a flight arranged by the Government of India.
With the initiation of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu with the Union Ministry of External Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs, the Telugu people, who were stranded at Ukraine were being brought back to India, it added.
It may be recalled that about 145 workers belonging to Andhra Pradesh, who were employed in Iraq and Libya had yesterday returned to India.
So far, about 1,000 persons hailing from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, who were employed in the strife torn countries, have reached their respective home towns safely since the civil war broke out in those countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya