9 get lifer for minor’s gangrape in Andhra
Khammam (AP): A local court has sentenced
nine persons, including a student, to life imprisonment for
the gangrape of a minor girl and circulation of the incident`s
video footage near here in 2007.
Five other accused were also found guilty by Additional
Sessions Judge at Kothagudem fast-track court Vijayalakshmi,
who awarded 10 year jail term to one of them and five years
each to the remaining.
Raj Kamal, then a 19-year-old student, is among those
handed out life imprisonment.
The judgement came last week.
While nine accused were involved in the gangrape, the
others circulated photographs and video footage of the crime
to a local cable operator, according to the prosecution.
The incident took place in 2007 after which the accused
used the snaps to blackmail the victim, then 17-year-old, and
her family, it said.
A formal case was lodged by the victim with Kothagudem
police station in January 2009 and in the same month all the
accused were arrested.
The girl was later counselled and rehabilitated by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'