AAP Andhra unit formed
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) announced the formation of Andhra Pradesh State Campaign Committee ahead of Lok Sabha and assembly polls in the state.
"B Ramakrishna Raju has been appointed as the Convenor to coordinate and lead the party in the state for the purpose of fighting the upcoming elections.
The Campaign Committee will coordinate and oversee all AAP activities in the state until elections," said a party release on Tuesday.
Apart from Raju, educationist R Venkat Reddy, social activists Jasveen Jairath, Kirankumar Vissa, Syed Bilal, Vijay Kumar and senior lawyer Ravi Chandra would also be a part of the state party unit.
The party has already announced its support for a seperate Telengana state.
In a press statement issued by the party after its "Mein Bhi Aam Aadmi" campaign, a national membership drive carried out from January 10 to 26 across the state, it had given seperate figures of members joining the party for Andhra Pradesh (30,000) and Telangana (1,02,800).
Asked whether another campaign committee would be formed for a seperate Telangana state, party spokesperson Dilip Pandey said "the campaign committee will look after the election activities in (united) Andhra Pradesh."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'