AAP makes anti-graft activist as campaign committee head in AP
Hyderabad: Aam Aadmi Party today announced the formation of its Andhra Pradesh state campaign committee with noted anti-corruption and RTI activist B Ramakrishna Raju as the convener.
The committee will coordinate and oversee all AAP activities in the state until the upcoming elections.
Raju is a former convener of National Alliance of People`s Movements and convener of United Forum for RTI, Andhra Pradesh, according to the party.
Other members of the committee are: educationist and social activist R Venkat Reddy, convener of SOUL (Save Our Urban Lakes) Jasveen Jairath, social activist and expert on farmers` issues Kirankumar Vissa, activist with Street Hawkers Federation and Human Rights Forum in Hyderabad Syed Bilal, grassroots dalit activist Vijay Kumar and High Court advocate Ravi Chandra, the party said.
"Aam Aadmi Party has generated enormous interest and support across all districts of Andhra Pradesh. The party is confident of making a huge impact in the upcoming elections," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends