AAP makes anti-graft activist as campaign committee head in AP
Hyderabad: Aam Aadmi Party today announced the formation of its Andhra Pradesh state campaign committee with noted anti-corruption and RTI activist B Ramakrishna Raju as the convener.
The committee will coordinate and oversee all AAP activities in the state until the upcoming elections.
Raju is a former convener of National Alliance of People`s Movements and convener of United Forum for RTI, Andhra Pradesh, according to the party.
Other members of the committee are: educationist and social activist R Venkat Reddy, convener of SOUL (Save Our Urban Lakes) Jasveen Jairath, social activist and expert on farmers` issues Kirankumar Vissa, activist with Street Hawkers Federation and Human Rights Forum in Hyderabad Syed Bilal, grassroots dalit activist Vijay Kumar and High Court advocate Ravi Chandra, the party said.
"Aam Aadmi Party has generated enormous interest and support across all districts of Andhra Pradesh. The party is confident of making a huge impact in the upcoming elections," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH