AAP makes anti-graft activist as campaign committee head in AP
Hyderabad: Aam Aadmi Party today announced the formation of its Andhra Pradesh state campaign committee with noted anti-corruption and RTI activist B Ramakrishna Raju as the convener.
The committee will coordinate and oversee all AAP activities in the state until the upcoming elections.
Raju is a former convener of National Alliance of People`s Movements and convener of United Forum for RTI, Andhra Pradesh, according to the party.
Other members of the committee are: educationist and social activist R Venkat Reddy, convener of SOUL (Save Our Urban Lakes) Jasveen Jairath, social activist and expert on farmers` issues Kirankumar Vissa, activist with Street Hawkers Federation and Human Rights Forum in Hyderabad Syed Bilal, grassroots dalit activist Vijay Kumar and High Court advocate Ravi Chandra, the party said.
"Aam Aadmi Party has generated enormous interest and support across all districts of Andhra Pradesh. The party is confident of making a huge impact in the upcoming elections," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued