About 2,500 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh stranded in U`khand
Hyderabad: As many as 2,425 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh are stranded in various places of rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, state officials said here.
AP disaster management commissioner said a control room has been opened at the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in Delhi. The telephone numbers are: 011-23384188, 011-23782644, 011-23382031.
A helpline has been set up in Uttarakhand at 0135-2714334 /2714335.
Two teams of officials from the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan are in Dehradun.
The Resident Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh Bhavan is also facilitating the movement of stranded pilgrims to Delhi, an official release said.
Pilgrims arriving from the hill state in Delhi would get accommodation, food, medicines and transport facilities at the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan.
A total of 195 pilgrims have been sent back from Haridwar to Delhi. Another 500 pilgrims are expected to reach Delhi by morning tomorrow.
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam has been requested to provide accommodation to the pilgrims at their ashram in Rishikesh, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB