About 2,500 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh stranded in U`khand
Hyderabad: As many as 2,425 pilgrims from Andhra Pradesh are stranded in various places of rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, state officials said here.
AP disaster management commissioner said a control room has been opened at the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan in Delhi. The telephone numbers are: 011-23384188, 011-23782644, 011-23382031.
A helpline has been set up in Uttarakhand at 0135-2714334 /2714335.
Two teams of officials from the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan are in Dehradun.
The Resident Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh Bhavan is also facilitating the movement of stranded pilgrims to Delhi, an official release said.
Pilgrims arriving from the hill state in Delhi would get accommodation, food, medicines and transport facilities at the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan.
A total of 195 pilgrims have been sent back from Haridwar to Delhi. Another 500 pilgrims are expected to reach Delhi by morning tomorrow.
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam has been requested to provide accommodation to the pilgrims at their ashram in Rishikesh, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH