ACB detects ill-gotten assets of over Rs 5 cr from AP engineer
Rajahmundry: The ACB has unearthed disproportionate assets over Rs five crore allegedly owned by a senior Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Ltd (APSHCL) engineer after raiding his residences in various cities in the state, a senior official said today.
The sleuths, led by DSP Venkateswara Rao, conducted simultaneous raids last night at the residences of Housing Corporation Deputy Executive Engineer P Nageswara Rao, currently posted at Samalkota in East Godavari district, at Bhiavaram, Kathipudi, Kakinada?and Hyderabad.
"The assets included bank accounts worth Rs 26 lakh, LIC policies of the amounts of Rs 1.40 crore and Rs 3.40 crore, 13 acres of agricultural land, shares worth Rs 50 lakh, 770 gms of gold, 700 gms of gold ornaments, besides silver articles?and a car worth Rs 2 lakh," Rao said, adding the total assets worth above Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Liquor baron Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sahba
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- NALCO agrees to buy back 25 percent stake from government: Mines Secretary
- Pakistan drop Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal for England tour