ACB detects ill-gotten assets of over Rs 5 cr from AP engineer
Rajahmundry: The ACB has unearthed disproportionate assets over Rs five crore allegedly owned by a senior Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Ltd (APSHCL) engineer after raiding his residences in various cities in the state, a senior official said today.
The sleuths, led by DSP Venkateswara Rao, conducted simultaneous raids last night at the residences of Housing Corporation Deputy Executive Engineer P Nageswara Rao, currently posted at Samalkota in East Godavari district, at Bhiavaram, Kathipudi, Kakinada?and Hyderabad.
"The assets included bank accounts worth Rs 26 lakh, LIC policies of the amounts of Rs 1.40 crore and Rs 3.40 crore, 13 acres of agricultural land, shares worth Rs 50 lakh, 770 gms of gold, 700 gms of gold ornaments, besides silver articles?and a car worth Rs 2 lakh," Rao said, adding the total assets worth above Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban