ACB detects ill-gotten assets of over Rs 5 cr from AP engineer
Rajahmundry: The ACB has unearthed disproportionate assets over Rs five crore allegedly owned by a senior Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Ltd (APSHCL) engineer after raiding his residences in various cities in the state, a senior official said today.
The sleuths, led by DSP Venkateswara Rao, conducted simultaneous raids last night at the residences of Housing Corporation Deputy Executive Engineer P Nageswara Rao, currently posted at Samalkota in East Godavari district, at Bhiavaram, Kathipudi, Kakinada?and Hyderabad.
"The assets included bank accounts worth Rs 26 lakh, LIC policies of the amounts of Rs 1.40 crore and Rs 3.40 crore, 13 acres of agricultural land, shares worth Rs 50 lakh, 770 gms of gold, 700 gms of gold ornaments, besides silver articles?and a car worth Rs 2 lakh," Rao said, adding the total assets worth above Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon