ACB detects ill-gotten assets of over Rs 5 cr from AP engineer
Rajahmundry: The ACB has unearthed disproportionate assets over Rs five crore allegedly owned by a senior Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Ltd (APSHCL) engineer after raiding his residences in various cities in the state, a senior official said today.
The sleuths, led by DSP Venkateswara Rao, conducted simultaneous raids last night at the residences of Housing Corporation Deputy Executive Engineer P Nageswara Rao, currently posted at Samalkota in East Godavari district, at Bhiavaram, Kathipudi, Kakinada?and Hyderabad.
"The assets included bank accounts worth Rs 26 lakh, LIC policies of the amounts of Rs 1.40 crore and Rs 3.40 crore, 13 acres of agricultural land, shares worth Rs 50 lakh, 770 gms of gold, 700 gms of gold ornaments, besides silver articles?and a car worth Rs 2 lakh," Rao said, adding the total assets worth above Rs 5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened