ACB quizzes former Andhra excise minister in `liqu
"A four-member ACB team questioned the former minister for about five hours in the premises of Chanchalguda Central prison
ACB sleuths have been conducting raids across the state since December last after exposing the liquor mafia -politicians-officials nexus with the arrest of Nunna Venkata Ramana, suspected to have led the liquor syndicate, from Khammam district.
Nunna allegedly claimed that he had paid a bribe of Rs 10 lakh to Mopidevi.
The ongoing ACB probe has revealed that liquor `syndicate` members were running shops in the names of `white` ration card holders who could not have had the financial resources to pay for licences.
The agency has also arrested several excise officials since March on the charge of "subverting" the tender process for allotment of liquor shops, and also some police officials, for allegedly having links with the liquor mafia.
In its preliminary report before the AP High Court, the ACB, which formed a Special Investigation Team to probe the case, had claimed that "some big-wigs politicians have obtained liquor licenses" under bogus names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea