ACB unearths ill-gotten assets worth Rs 4 cr from APPSC member
Hyderabad: Sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau Wednesday unearthed disproportionate assets to the tune of Rs 4 crore during searches conducted at the residence of a member of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) here.
Simultaneous searches were carried out at four places in the city, including the residence of APPSC member Ripunjaya Reddy, and other places belonging to his relatives and friends, a senior ACB officer said.
During the searches, it was found that Reddy has amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, he said, adding a case has been registered in this regard.
The assets included plots, flats, agricultural lands, bank deposits, 63 `tolas` of gold jewellery and 3.5 kg silver articles, the officer said, adding that the total value of the ill-gotten wealth is estimated over Rs 4 crore.
The searches were also conducted at the residence of Suryanarayana Reddy alias Sureedu, who had worked as personal assistant to former chief minister late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy.
According to ACB, the searches were carried out at Sureedu`s place to get information about the disproportionate assets of the accused, who is close to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!