ACB unearths Rs 10 cr worth unaccounted assets of govt officer
Hyderabad: The sleuths of Anti-Corruption
Bureau (ACB) today unearthed disproportionate assets worth
over Rs 2.18 crore belonging to an Additional Registrar
working in the office of Commissioner for Co-operation and
Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
The unearthed assets market value would be more than
Rs 10 crore, ACB sources said here.
A case of disproportionate assets was registered
against A Amarender Rao, Additional Registrar and searches are
still in progress, sources said.
The ACB officials conducted simultaneous searches at
different places covering office of Rao and residence at
Begumpet here and found that the officer was in possession of
disproportionate assets in his and in the names of his family
The assets include one kg of gold ornaments, three
flats (one each at Begumpet, Somajiguda and Saroornagar), 11
house plots in and around the city here and 33 acres of
agricultural land at Moinabad mandal in neighbouring
Ranra Reddy district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!