ACB unearths unaccounted assets worth Rs 2 crore in raids
Hyderabad: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Friday unearthed disproportionate assets worth over Rs 2 crore allegedly belonging to a Deputy Commissioner (Commercial
Taxes) in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh.
Simultaneous searches carried at the residence of K Srinivas Rao, Deputy Commissioner, Commercial Taxes in Kadapa and his relatives and friends in Guntur district, Tirupati and
Hyderabad, unearthed the disproportionate assets to a tune of Rs 2 crore, an ACB release said.
Immovable assets including 4 plots, 3 apartments, 2 buildings, 14 acres of agricultural land, net cash of Rs 11 lakh, gold weighing 300 grams, fixed deposits in various banks
and Post Offices worth Rs 1.10 crore and bank balances worth Rs 19 lakh were exposed in the raids, it said.
The case is under investigation, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics