Acid attack on woman in AP
Rajahmundry: A 25-year-old woman suffered severe injuries when her lover allegedly threw acid on her in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday in the premises of a court in Indrapalem village when Suryavathi, who works as a sweeper there, asked her paramour K Balaji to marry her, they said.
Balaji, who was irked by Suryavathi`s constant demands to tie the knot allegedly threw cleaning acid on her, inflicting critical burns on her stomach and chest area, police said.
The accused is employed in the same court as a clerk and fell in love with her, following which the woman asked him to wed her, they said.
Suryavathi was admitted to the government hospital in rural Kakinada, police said.
Balaji is absconding since the incident and police has launched a search to nab him.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India