Address all issues before dividing Andhra, says Kiran Reddy
Hyderabad: Breaking his silence, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Thursday asked the central government to address all issues before taking any step to form separate Telangana state.
Addressing a news conference here this evening, he came out openly against formation of Telangana state, saying bifurcation would lead to many complications.
Nine days after the Congress Working Committee (CWC) resolved to carve out Telangana state, the chief minister said the central government should address all issues including status of Hyderabad before taking any step.
Even while stating that he is not against the CWC decision, Kiran Kumar Reddy voiced apprehensions of people of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra regions).
The chief minister, who hails from Rayalaseema, demanded that four-member constituted by Congress and the ministerial group to be formed by the union cabinet should address all issues and give clarity to people before taking any step.
He claimed that only Congress had taken the decision and now the central government would consult the state and the issue would be debated in the assembly.
He wanted the two committees to give clarity on issues like sharing of river water, electricity among two states, status of Hyderabad and the future of Seemandhra employees living in Hyderabad.
Kiran Kumar revealed that during the meeting with Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he opposed state`s division. He said he also signed a note prepared by Congress leaders from Seemandhra opposing bifurcation.
He appealed to Seemandhra employees to reconsider the decision to go on strike from Aug 12. He promised to arrange a meeting with the Congress committee headed by AK Antony in Hyderabad. He said employees, students, NGOs and other sections of people can express their views before the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured