Address all issues before dividing Andhra, says Kiran Reddy
Hyderabad: Breaking his silence, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Thursday asked the central government to address all issues before taking any step to form separate Telangana state.
Addressing a news conference here this evening, he came out openly against formation of Telangana state, saying bifurcation would lead to many complications.
Nine days after the Congress Working Committee (CWC) resolved to carve out Telangana state, the chief minister said the central government should address all issues including status of Hyderabad before taking any step.
Even while stating that he is not against the CWC decision, Kiran Kumar Reddy voiced apprehensions of people of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra regions).
The chief minister, who hails from Rayalaseema, demanded that four-member constituted by Congress and the ministerial group to be formed by the union cabinet should address all issues and give clarity to people before taking any step.
He claimed that only Congress had taken the decision and now the central government would consult the state and the issue would be debated in the assembly.
He wanted the two committees to give clarity on issues like sharing of river water, electricity among two states, status of Hyderabad and the future of Seemandhra employees living in Hyderabad.
Kiran Kumar revealed that during the meeting with Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he opposed state`s division. He said he also signed a note prepared by Congress leaders from Seemandhra opposing bifurcation.
He appealed to Seemandhra employees to reconsider the decision to go on strike from Aug 12. He promised to arrange a meeting with the Congress committee headed by AK Antony in Hyderabad. He said employees, students, NGOs and other sections of people can express their views before the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Samsung launches Tizen OS-based Z2 smartphone for Rs 4,590
- Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual will help you get that perfect look!
- US soldier killed in anti-Taliban battle in Afghanistan
- Liquor ban in Delhi not practical, says Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
- Duleep Trophy: India Green v India Red - Yuvraj Singh flops; Sandeep Sharma bags 4