Advani offers prayers at Lord Venkateswara temple
Tirupati: Senior BJP leader L K Advani offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Saturday.
The veteran BJP leader arrived at Renigunta airport near here on Friday afternoon. After an overnight stay on the hills, he offered prayers at the temple early this morning, where he spent about half an hour, temple sources said.
He was then presented with sacred prasadam,silk cloth and celestial water in `Ranganayaka Mandapam` in the temple by TTD Chairman, K Bapiraju and other top TTD officials, they said.
Later, Advani took part in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs meeting under the Chairmanship of M Venkaiah Naidu along with seven committee members, including Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, with top TTD and other security officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India