Advani offers prayers at Lord Venkateswara temple
Tirupati: Senior BJP leader L K Advani offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Saturday.
The veteran BJP leader arrived at Renigunta airport near here on Friday afternoon. After an overnight stay on the hills, he offered prayers at the temple early this morning, where he spent about half an hour, temple sources said.
He was then presented with sacred prasadam,silk cloth and celestial water in `Ranganayaka Mandapam` in the temple by TTD Chairman, K Bapiraju and other top TTD officials, they said.
Later, Advani took part in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs meeting under the Chairmanship of M Venkaiah Naidu along with seven committee members, including Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, with top TTD and other security officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda