Aerial surveillance for Tirumala Brahmotsavam
Tirupati: Aerial video cameras fitted on
helium balloon will be used to monitor pilgrim movement during
the Brahmotsavam festival commencing tomorrow at the famous
hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here.
This is for the first time that high zoomed video cameras
attached to helium balloon will be used for surveillance, M K
Singh, Chief Vigilance and Security Officer of Tirumala
Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) which manages the temple, said.
It would film movements of pilgrims and vehicles within a
radius of three kms around the temple, he said.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah would offer a
pair of silk clothes to the temple on behalf of the
government, a practice followed for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda