Aerial surveillance for Tirumala Brahmotsavam
Tirupati: Aerial video cameras fitted on
helium balloon will be used to monitor pilgrim movement during
the Brahmotsavam festival commencing tomorrow at the famous
hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here.
This is for the first time that high zoomed video cameras
attached to helium balloon will be used for surveillance, M K
Singh, Chief Vigilance and Security Officer of Tirumala
Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) which manages the temple, said.
It would film movements of pilgrims and vehicles within a
radius of three kms around the temple, he said.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah would offer a
pair of silk clothes to the temple on behalf of the
government, a practice followed for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls