Aerial surveillance for Tirumala Brahmotsavam
Tirupati: Aerial video cameras fitted on
helium balloon will be used to monitor pilgrim movement during
the Brahmotsavam festival commencing tomorrow at the famous
hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here.
This is for the first time that high zoomed video cameras
attached to helium balloon will be used for surveillance, M K
Singh, Chief Vigilance and Security Officer of Tirumala
Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) which manages the temple, said.
It would film movements of pilgrims and vehicles within a
radius of three kms around the temple, he said.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah would offer a
pair of silk clothes to the temple on behalf of the
government, a practice followed for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off