Aerial surveillance for Tirumala Brahmotsavam
Tirupati: Aerial video cameras fitted on
helium balloon will be used to monitor pilgrim movement during
the Brahmotsavam festival commencing tomorrow at the famous
hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here.
This is for the first time that high zoomed video cameras
attached to helium balloon will be used for surveillance, M K
Singh, Chief Vigilance and Security Officer of Tirumala
Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) which manages the temple, said.
It would film movements of pilgrims and vehicles within a
radius of three kms around the temple, he said.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah would offer a
pair of silk clothes to the temple on behalf of the
government, a practice followed for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter