Afghan engg student held for sexually assaulting colleague
Hyderabad: An engineering student from Afghanistan was on Friday arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a post-graduate girl student of Nagaland here, police said.
N Yousufi, studying at the University College of Engineering (located on the Osmania University campus), allegedly sexually assaulted the 23-year-old MA student at his room in Govind Nagar on the night of April 10, they said based on a complaint lodged by the girl.
According to the complainant, Yousufi used to be friendly with her and had proposed her. She, however, had rejected his proposal after which he "forcibly" took her to his room and sexually assaulted her.
Following the complaint, Yousufi has been arrested and he will be produced before a court, Osmania University Inspector P Ashok told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured