Afghan engg student held for sexually assaulting colleague
Hyderabad: An engineering student from Afghanistan was on Friday arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a post-graduate girl student of Nagaland here, police said.
N Yousufi, studying at the University College of Engineering (located on the Osmania University campus), allegedly sexually assaulted the 23-year-old MA student at his room in Govind Nagar on the night of April 10, they said based on a complaint lodged by the girl.
According to the complainant, Yousufi used to be friendly with her and had proposed her. She, however, had rejected his proposal after which he "forcibly" took her to his room and sexually assaulted her.
Following the complaint, Yousufi has been arrested and he will be produced before a court, Osmania University Inspector P Ashok told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city