Afghan engg student held for sexually assaulting colleague
Hyderabad: An engineering student from Afghanistan was on Friday arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a post-graduate girl student of Nagaland here, police said.
N Yousufi, studying at the University College of Engineering (located on the Osmania University campus), allegedly sexually assaulted the 23-year-old MA student at his room in Govind Nagar on the night of April 10, they said based on a complaint lodged by the girl.
According to the complainant, Yousufi used to be friendly with her and had proposed her. She, however, had rejected his proposal after which he "forcibly" took her to his room and sexually assaulted her.
Following the complaint, Yousufi has been arrested and he will be produced before a court, Osmania University Inspector P Ashok told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack